Part of the services we do here at MedWell Spine, OsteoArthritis & Neuropathy Center is treating sciatica for Paramus, NJ patients. We want them to stop living in pain as sciatica is one agonizing condition; after all, how could it be not painful when what is involved is the largest nerve in the human body? From the signs and symptoms up to the many limitations it can impose upon our patients’ lifestyles, this condition is definitely not something that anyone would want to live with.
Here are some of the things that sciatica sufferers experience:
- Pain in the lower back that gets worse when they walk or bend at the waist, feeling relief only upon lying down.
- The pain may extend to the buttocks but only to one side, which is relieved by walking or lying down—but feels worse when standing or sitting.
- The pain extends to the thighs and even below the knees. The leg pain is worse than the back pain.
- Weakness or numbness may occur, which hampers movement of the foot or leg. This is accompanied by a reduced knee-jerk reflex.
- The pain usually manifests only on one side of the leg and/or the corresponding foot, but there are variations. Sometimes, there’s only an occasional and mild irritation and tingling (maybe some burning sensation or dull ache), but there are times when this pain is just too much that a patient is unable to move the affected leg.
We don’t want anyone to experience the above as these symptoms can also lead to lifestyle limitations for the sufferer. That’s why we have developed a special treatment for sciatica relief for Paramus, NJ patients. All of our sciatica treatment options begin with neurological examinations to pinpoint the exact part of the patient’s nervous system that is malfunctioning. The appropriate therapy is then applied to correct the concerned part’s functions.
Our treatments include Brain-Based Therapy, combined accordingly with Chiropractic manipulation and/or spinal adjustments depending on the particular needs of the patient. As testament to the level of service that we provide, our customized care program is doing well as presented by our past patients’ reviews.
For more information on the other conditions treated by our center, feel free to browse the other sections of our site.