Occupational Therapy in Ridgewood NJ
Occupational therapy (OT) services in Ridgewood NJ focus on the patient’s goals and typically include:
- Evaluation of an individual to determine the patient’s goals
- Treatment plan: creating a customized intervention to improve the individual’s ability to participate in the everyday activities of life
- Re-evaluation: to ensure the individual as achieved their goals and to adapt the treatment plan to continue the upward path of achieving goal
What Is Occupational Therapy?
OT services may also evaluate the individual’s home and other environments (e.g., workplace, school). The OT may also recommend adaptive equipment (i.e. shower chair, splinting to the upper extremities) and train the individual in its use. The OT will also provide guidance and education for family members and caregivers.
The occupational therapist collaborates with the other disciplines (i.e. physical therapist, chiropractor, medical doctors, etc) within the practice to create a treatment plan to increase the patient’s independence and strength through a holistic approach.
Why Should I See an Occupational Therapist?
Improving range of motion and strength safety
Decrease pain and improve function
Improving balance and endurance
Assist with adaptive equipment and adaptive strategies
Improve visual skills
Fine motor skills (hands & fingers)
What Is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapy supports people whose health, environment or social circumstances make it difficult to take part in the activities that matter to them. An occupational therapist will work with you to identify strengths and difficulties you may have in everyday life. Occupational therapy (OT) is a branch of health care that helps people of all ages who have physical, sensory, or cognitive problems. OT can help them regain independence in all areas of their lives. Occupational therapists help with barriers that affect a person's emotional, social, and physical needs.
Occupational therapy is a type of therapy that focuses on helping individuals develop, recover, or maintain everyday skills needed for work and leisure activities. It can involve helping people develop skills in areas such as physical and motor functioning, sensory processing, cognitive and perceptual skills, communication, and social interaction. Occupational therapy can also involve helping individuals adapt to their environment and work on independence and self-care.
Occupational Therapist Responsibilities:
Conducting physical and psychological assessments of clients and developing or following a treatment plan. Assessing home and work environments of clients and deciding what adjustments are needed. Advising on adaptive equipment to help clients with daily activities.
Conditions an Occupational Therapist Can Treat
Upper Extremity Splinting
- Occupational Therapy in Bergen County NJ
- Occupational Therapy in Allendale NJ
- Occupational Therapy in Hackensack NJ
- Occupational Therapy in Hawthorne NJ
- Occupational Therapy in Franklin Lakes NJ
- Occupational Therapy in Mahwah NJ
- Occupational Therapy in Midland Park NJ
- Occupational Therapy in Northern NJ
- Occupational Therapy in Oakland NJ
- Occupational Therapy in Paramus NJ
- Occupational Therapy in Ramsey NJ
- Occupational Therapy in Ridgewood NJ
- Occupational Therapy in Glen Rock NJ
- Occupational Therapy in Waldwick NJ
- Occupational Therapy in Wyckoff NJ